- If it is a plastic clip-together model, make sure each part is correctly and fully clipped together (check your manual and assembly you-tube videos for help).
- If your collector is a canvas bag model and comes with a metal frame, make sure the frame is correctly fitted to the bag – some frames are designed to be secured with screws and washers to the bag – so make sure you follow the assembly instructions especially if you have any parts left over.
- Check the bag is not inside out – check the seams are on the inside and any logo is on the outside of the bag.
- Check that the seams are not split – or in the case of a plastic collector, none of the clips are broken. This will need replacing if it is broken or torn.
- A correctly assembled grass collector should not fall apart – check your manual for assembly instructions or contact your manufacturer or dealer for further assistance.
If you are not confident to do this yourself, your local dealer should be able to help you with this.